About Davin Lim
Dr. Davin Lim is an Australian Board -Certified Laser, Procedural and Aesthetic
Dermatologist and a member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine. Dr. Lim’s
training and work have taken him all over the globe. In 2001, he was the first Australian to be
trained under the Irish Association of Dermatologists where his residency in Dublin and
Drogheda taught both UK and US dermatology syllabuses.
In 2003, he undertook further British Association of Dermatologists training in the United
Kingdom, where his success led to the award of a Royal Society of Medicine Registrar’s
Prize. Dr. Lim completed his training locally at the Royal Brisbane and Princess Alexandra
Hospitals, focusing on cosmetic and laser dermatology. Upon completing his board exams,
he travelled throughout Asia and the US to expand his knowledge in the field of laser and
aesthetic procedures, which he has now brought back to Australia.
Considered one of the world’s leading experts for laser-treated skin disorders and
rejuvenation therapies that include tattoo removal, acne scar revision and laser resurfacing,
Dr. Lim has developed several new cosmetic procedures. These include fresh delivery
protocols for TCA CROSS and hybrid laser resurfacing; his techniques have changed the
face of current aesthetic dermatology.
Dr. Davin Lim has a seat on various advisory boards, including those of Galderma, Fraxel
and Syneron Candella. He also plays an important advisory role at La Roche Posay and
During the past decade, and with over 20 credits to his name, Dr. Lim has been published in
international journals and presented at numerous conferences. He oversees the laser and
cosmetic division at Cutis Clinic, focusing his expertise on the treatment of acne scarring,
hyper pigmentation and vascular conditions with various laser types, chemical peels and
cosmetic injections, and keeping Cutis on its toes, ensuring we remain at the top of our class
for many years to come.
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
When someone visits me about their skin, they’re really seeing me about their self-confidence.
Went to St John’s Hospital London for a clinical attachment in Dermatology
I passed the part one scientific entrance primary exams into dermatology
Accepted as the first Dermatology Registrar in Drogheda, Ireland, under my mentor Dr Tony Egan. This position was later accredited by the Australasian College of Dermatologists (ACD) as a formal training position. During my year and a half in Ireland I produced 12 clinical papers, and won several registrar prizes for clinical papers, presentations and exams.
I entered the 4-year ACD training program, working in Brisbane and the United Kingdom. I won the registrar’s prize in Belfast in 2004, and was awarded the American Academy of Dermatology Travelling Scholarship upon completion of my Fellowship examinations in Australia. Dr Lim is considered to be one of the best dermatologist brisbane for laser and botox, juvederm and restylane work.
I started Westside Dermatology, initially as a one-room consultation center, it now stands as a 14 consultant rooms, 3 operating theaters, and 6 laser suites, with an in house compounding skin pharmacy. In 2011 I took on a close friend, and business partner, Dr Shobhan Manoharan.
Top Global 100 award by Realself.com – this peer reviewed portal for Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologist
Over 55M views on YouTube channel. Reached over 330K subscribers on YouTube.
Memberships & Commitments
- Specialist Dermatologist with the Australasian College of Dermatologist
- Member of the American academy of Aesthetic medicine
- Member of the International Hyperhidrosis Society
- Senior Trainer for Fillers and Neuromodulators – Galderma
- Fraxel International Advisory Board
- Allergan National Trainer and Advisor
- Griffith University, School of Medicine associate Lecturer
- Founder of The Formulated
- Founder of Westside Dermatology
- Founder Fiori Institute of Skin and Body
- Steering committee Australian College of Dermatologist public education portal
- Industry Editor of The Journal ASCD
- Over 20 published International papers on Dermatology
- Member of the Australasian Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Member of the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Advisory Board for Galderma
- Advisory Board for Syneron Candela
- Lutronic Key Opinion leader
- Consultant for Deciem, Skinceuticals, Galderma
- Founder of Cutis, Cutis Medical, Cutis International
- Founder of Sweat Free Clinics
- Founder and co-director of Westside Laser Dermatology
- Co-director, The Psoriasis Institute
- Steering committee Australian Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Author of over 48 chapters, College of Dermatologist skin disorders website
- National and International speaker on laser & aesthetic dermatology, with over 140 presentations
Dr Lim has the biggest YouTube following of any doctor in Australia, with over 57 million views on his channel. Find out why people love Dr Lim’s content by watching his videos below or on YouTube.com